What is Confined Space?
Confined space is a place which is substantially enclosed (though not always entirely), and where serious injury can occur from hazardous substances or conditions within the space or nearby (e.g. lack of oxygen). A number of people are killed or seriously injured in the UK each year in confined spaces. These occur across a wide range of industries, from those involving complex plant through simple storage vessels
Access Underwater follow the guidlines laid out by the HSE in the Confined Space Regulations 1997. This provides guidance for those involved in work within confined spaces, those who employ or train such people and those that represent them.
Confined Space Services
Our team offers a professional confined space entry, rescue, full BA and difficult access service throughout the UK. All of our operatives are highly trained and have a thorough understanding of confined space working, many of the operatives we use are HSE trained commercial divers who hold commercial diving medicals, first aid at work training and Water Hygiene cards.
Access Underwater offers confined space access teams to carry out maintenance, repairs, inspections, surveys, NDT, welding, written reports, rescue and recovery, and civil engineering services.
- Confined space
- Confined space rescue
- Full BA entry
- High pressure jetting and disinfection (including portable storage)
- Water storage facility maintenance
- Ozone diffuser supply, replacement, and maintenance
- Repair, replacement, and refurbishment of ball cocks, valves, penstocks, pipework, ladders, etc
- Biofuel room clearing and cleaning
- Joint repairs and replacements
- Concrete repairs
- Concrete testing
- Internal pipe repairs
- Drain maintenance and unblocking
- Inspection & reporting
- Manufacture of specialised individual items